The today existing Bezisten, was built on the site of the old, and it is located in the Old Skopje Bazaar, sourrounded on all sides by small shops.
According to the traveler writers which have visited Skopje – Evans and Evliya Çelebi, the old bezisten was a series of connected streets that housed shops of various craftsmen. Probably in the seventeenth century this bezisten was completely destroyed by the great fire.
Today existing Bezisten, was certainly raised after 1689. In 1908 a fire destroyed part of the Old Bazaar and also hade damaged the Bezisten.
The building is a rectangular building, with simple architectural solutions, divided into four parts, into which are small shops.
Bezisten was restored 1892/93 judging by the inscription of Hussein Bey, Osman Bey and Yasar Bay.