Demir Hisar is a city in the western part of the Republic of Macedonia with 2.593 inhabitants (2002).
Located in the southern area of Demir Hisar, on the road Bitola – Kicevo, it covers an area of 250 ha.
Developed from the former village Murgashevo, the urban settlement had been established in 2004.
The city of Demir Hisar is the seat of the Municipality of Demir Hisar which covers an area of 48,013 ha, has 41 settlements with 9.497 inhabitants.
Demir Hisar has a primary school, high school, and hospital.
Demir Hisar Facts
- Where is Demir Hisar: Pelagonia Region of Macedonia
- Area: 48,013 ha
- Population: 9.497
- Dialing code: +389 47
- Postal code: 7240
- Time Zone: CET (UTC+1) / Summer (DST):CST (UTC+2)
- Celebration day: September 2nd
- Coordinates: 41°16′0″N 21°12′0″E
Municipality of Demir Hisar
- Address: Bitolska bb, Demir Hisar 7240
- Phone: +389 47 276 161
- Fax: +389 47 203 055
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org