St. Mary church is located in the Varoš neighborhood in Prilep, near the churches St. Demetrius, St. Nicholas, St. Athanasius, Sts. Peter and Paul, and the Monastery of St. Archangel Michael.
Among them, a special place takes the one nave church of St. Mary, built of stone and brick used only in two rows in the upper half of the church. Unlike the other one nave churches, this church is higher with a semicircular apse.
In the literature, we find data on which the church was built by Paul and Radoslav, sons of Theodore in the XV century (1416 or 1438 years.).