The Monument of the Revolution in Struga is one of the largest and most beautiful monuments in Macedonia. Its erected in memory and honor of the victims from Struga region during the People’s Liberation and Anti-Fascist War of Macedonia 1941-1945.
The memorial complex was officially unveiled to the public on November 8th of 1974, the 30th anniversary of the liberation of Struga.
It honors more than 3,000 participants in the National Liberation War and the Macedonian Revolutionary Guard (1941-1945) and symbolizes the unity and self-sacrifice of 335 fighters and victims of fascist terror from Struga region.
The memorial complex is work of the Yugoslav designer Vojislav Vasiljević.
As part of the memorial complex there is a poetic verse, written by the famous local Struga-born writer Vlado Maleski.
“The revolution is like the river (Crn Drim):
It flows without interruption from the springs of the past
to the delta of the infinite future,
And, flowing, it feeds life with life.
Glory and honor to the soldiers of our revolution,
Through the ancestors to eternity.