Serbian military cemeteries are located in the southern part of Bitola as a continuation of the so-called “Bukovski” orthodox cemetery.
Within the cemetery are located metal tombstones with same shape and size as well as a common monument – ossuary, of fallen soldiers from 1912-1918 (Balkan Wars and First World War).
The common – central monument is in the form of a cross. The Ossuary is located below the surface of the monument natural plateau. It houses the remains of many soldiers which have fallen near Bitola on the Macedonian Front.
Don’t Miss: Serbian Military Cemetery in Skochivir village …
The entrance of the ossuary is from the back of the monument.
The building of the memorial ossuary began in 1926, according to the plan of the architect Momir Korunovik.