Slepče village is located at 680 m. altitude in the area of Zeleznik, 2 km west of the town of Demir Hisar. It is located on the eastern slopes of Mount Ilinica.
According to the Turkish census books from 1467/68 in Slepče lived 66 families. In 1568 there were 103 Christian and one Muslim family.
According to the 2002 census, there were 793 inhabitants in the village of Slepče.
The village has a primary school, a house of culture built in 1988 and a monument dedicated to the fighters for the freedom of Macedonia. Above the village is one of the largest medieval literary and artistic centers – the Slepče Monastery dedicated to St. John the Baptist.
The village center was renovated and arranged, turned into a square, called “King Samuel”.