Slivnica Monastery – St. Mary (Сливнички Манастир – Св. Богородица село Сливница) is located 3 km from the village of Slivnica, in the thick deciduous forest on the western slope of the mountain Baba, high above the eastern shore of the Prespa Lake.
Erected in 1607, the monastery was built in three phases from 1607, 1612 and 1645. From that period also originate the frescoes in the temple, and the wooden iconostasis with the throne icons, the royal gate, and the large cross.
Within the monastery, there are hospices managed by the local population of Slivnica village. Built late XVII century, the hospices were twice were burned, and their renovation started in 1994.
- Prespa Lake >>>
- Ljubojno village >>>
- Brajcino village >>>
- Krani Beach >>>
- Slivnica Beach >>>
- Stenje Beach >>>
- Dupeni Beach >>>
In the yard of the monastery, there is a spring that is believed to be holy and with healing water. It is thought that the water flowing from under the monastery church cures diseases and helps in curing infertility.