Vevčani with the regional road is linked to Struga and has 2.433 inhabitants according to 2002 census.
Village Vevčani is the seat of the municipality and covers an area of 2,280 ha.
In Vevčani there is a primary school and a health center.
Vevčani village is famous and recognized through the world for its traditional Vevčani Carnival which is held annually on January 13th-14th.
Vevčani also is full of incredible natural beauty, and a real attraction is the Vevčani springs.
Vevcani Municipality info
- Where is Vevčani: West Macedonia
- Area: 2,280 ha
- Elevation: 800 – 900 m (2624 – 2952 ft)
- Population: 2.433
- Dialing code: +389 46
- Postal code: 6535
- Time Zone: CET (UTC+1) / Summer (DST):CST (UTC+2)
- Celebration day: January 14th
- Coordinates: 41°14′25″N 20°35′35″E
Municipality of Vevčani
- Address: 6535 Vevčani
- Phone: +389 46 784 640
- Fax: +389 46 784 64 1